Monday, June 9, 2014

"ScrapHappyChristmas" in June


 I disturbed RetiredHub from a midafternoon snooze to hold my finished quilt top "ScrapHappyChristmas" so I could get a few photos while the light was still ok.  I have to deal with a lot of shadowing in my backyard from all the trees.  I had to holler at him a few times not to stretch the corners out too much!  All the outside edges are cut on the bias so I had some major stretching going on.  I staystitched around the perimeter of the top in the hopes of preventing any further stretching.  Don't worry, RetiredHub is a trooper and will do whatever it takes to help me with my quilting.  I just had to promise a carrot cake as payment!



 

This quilt was such fun to make and it was supposed to be a scrapbuster, but I still have a bin full of leftovers from this quilt.  Oh well, more scrap quilts...that's what I do!
I now have a quilt top ready for quilting for Christmas. I almost feel like I am ahead of the game!

Hope you had time to do  something quilty today.

12 comments:

  1. This one is mine mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I really like this! Really nice, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Linda and can stay out long past Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely-and can definitely be a winter quilt-looks like it's been claimed by one of yours already!! See you Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome. I should do something like that with my Christmas fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, this quilt is gorgeous! Looks beautiful in your back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're way ahead! It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely head start Linda - I usually think about making something for Christmas about 3 weeks before! It's really splendid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this turned out so lovely and now you will have it all ready for Christmas. You are so efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it....love it...love it. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LInda, this is gorgeous, makes me think, but will finish up my own stuff first.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.